Abstract submissions now open – All submissions will be entirely by electronic means. To submit your abstract please click here
- All Research Papers Closure – 19 May 2019
- Vascular – Challenge the Experts Closure – COB 19 May 2019
- Nursing – Challenge the Panel Closure – COB 30 June 2019
The ANZSVS 2019 Conference is accepting abstracts for the following categories. You must indicate the paper type when submitting online.
- Verbal presentation
The ANZSVS 2019 Conference Organising Committee requests authors to submit abstracts in the following discipline.
- Limb Salvage
*Specific information relevant to the nursing program abstracts is available here.
Challenge the Experts Submissions
Members (including trainee members) of the ANZSVS are invited to submit challenging cases to be considered for the special “Challenge the Experts” session. The winning challenge will be rewarded with a refund of their registration.
Submissions will be judged by a panel from the organising committee but are to be submitted in the form of a short PowerPoint presentation directly via e-mail to Dr Bernie Bourke by COB Sunday 19 May 2019.
1. An abstract is not required
2. Presentations strictly to be of 5 minutes duration leaving 9 minutes for panel discussion
3. Maximum of 6 slides
- Slide 1: Title slide: include all authors with affiliations (this slide will be temporarily removed to facilitate unbiased judging by the panel)
- Slide 2: Background (history, examination etc.)
- Slide 3: Image/video/photo
- Slide 4: Image/video/photo
- Slide 5: A clear enunciation of the challenge
- Slide 6: your own solution to the challenge: to appear at an appropriate time toward the conclusion of the discussion at the direction of the chairman
4. Back up slides (4-5) are permissible but are only to be used if appropriate during discussion and at the discretion of the chairman. These are to be included (to follow slide 6) in the submission but will not be used during judging of the submission
5. If you wish to show a full video please bring along to the conference to be uploaded as part of your presentation. We encourage CT scans to be brought in video format so they can be uploaded as part of your presentation allowing you to flick through the full range of images on request. Please note: DO NOT send videos to the Conference Organiser.
6. A panel decision will be e-mailed to submitters by Friday 28 June 2019
7. An audience vote will decide the winning challenge to be rewarded with a refund of the presenter’s registration fee.
Challenge the Panel – A Case Study to Debate
Members of the ANZSVN are invited to submit case studies on patients with a vascular related wound for presentation to a panel to discuss and debate. Guidelines for the submission can be downloaded from here.
Submissions will be judged by a panel from the organising committee but are to be submitted in the form of a PowerPoint presentation directly via e-mail to Ms Katherine Marston by COB Sunday 30 June 2019.